Comfort

On Friday afternoon I took a little walk down to Powell's. I LOVE going to Powell's. It was chilly when I set out, but pleasantly so. When I was heading for home, though, it was chilly AND raining. Really raining. As I had hadn't brought my umbrella, I was more than a bit damp by the time I got home. Damp, cold, and in desperate need of comfort.

So...




I made grilled ham and cheese with a nice cuppa for lunch - YUM! Very good, but not quite enough comfort.

So...




I made oatmeal cookies with dried cranberries - EXTRA YUM! (Will you judge me if I admit that we finished them all by the next morning?)

We continued with the food-as-comfort theme all weekend. We had Bean & Bacon Soup (made from scratch), Hot Dogs with GF Mac'N'Cheese (for me) and Tater Tots (for Ryan), Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup, Cheesy Broccoli & Rice Casserole, and this bit of happiness in a bowl: Polenta with Soft Poached Eggs, Ham & Homemade Hollandaise.



What can I say, it was just that kind of weekend! Hope you were as warm and happy this weekend as we were.

Comments

Popular Posts