For Baby Bee


I have started making for Baby Bee. The last few months have seen me pouring over books of both sewing and knitting patterns while dreaming of our eagerly anticipated little one. But even with all of that inspiration, I wasn't quite ready to pick up needles (of one sort or another).

At first, I think I hesitated because this is my first pregnancy, and you never know, right? How painful it would've been to dive right into the making of things only to not have it all work out. Once I passed into my second trimester, I began thinking more seriously about what I wanted to make for Baby Bee. I looked through all of the books again, making mental lists as I went along. But still, I waited.

Then, two patterns found me at once. The first is a free pattern for Angora Baby Booties which came to the yarn shop with a shipment of Plymouth Angora. Sally, our superstar proprietress, suggested I choose a color and make a shop sample, which I could then take home for Baby Bee's arrival. Um, yes please! I decided on this beautiful blue, thinking that it could really work for a boy or a girl. The booties took only one skein of yarn and knit up in an evening.


*photo from Spud & Chloe.

The next pattern was one I nearly swooned over when I spotted it for an add in a the new holiday issue of Vogue Knitting, which is a great issue, by the way... When I showed the picture to Adrienne, one of my lovely co-workers, mentioned that we had just gotten a shipment of Spud and Chloe yarns and patterns containing everything I'd need to knit it up. Of course I bought it all (the pattern and 4 skeins of Outer) and started that night. The chunky yarn worked up really fast, and I still have nearly an entire skein left with with which to make something else. I'm showing you the pattern picture and not my finished project because it will just photograph so much better once Baby Bee is here to model. The color I chose does not show on their website, but I will tell you that it is a beautiful aqua. Actually, it kinda matches the living room perfectly. Gotta love my consistency!

There will, of course, be many more projects to come - both knit and sewn. I've gathered patterns, hoarded library books, and begun a list. And I can't wait to share each and every one with you.

Comments

  1. I am so happy and proud that my lil' baby bee will have so many wonderful handmade items from momma... Can't wait to hold our young one in that wrap!

    R

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts