Ta Da!

Sorry for the long absence, lovely ones. Our computer got the sniffles and it took a few days to get the situation under control. Everything is now back to normal, or better than normal, and I'm really excited to share a couple of recently finished knitting projects with you.

Oh, but before I get started, thank you ever so much about all of the kind wishes and comments for our big news!

Alright, here we go...

First up is the Edwardian Jacket, a Debbie Bliss pattern of the same name, knit in her Cashmerino Astrakhan. Let me tell you, the yarn is as luxe as it looks, but the shaping was an absolute bear 'cause I couldn't see the stitches to save my life. Stitch markers to the rescue!

Here's a closer look at the fantastic buttons I found.

Next, my second attempt at my Sweet Temptation, a Sublime pattern worked in their Extra Fine Merino Wool DK. I ran short of the yarn, so I heavily modified the sleeves. They turned out great, though, don't you think? And, I learned a new method - Top Down Set-In Sleeves, from Wendy Bernard's Custom Knits.

I added little pleats at each of the elbow. I am ridiculously proud of myself!!!

Ok, I know this is pretty short, but I've got to race around and get myself ready for work. I hope to be back tomorrow with photos of my first knitted projects for Baby Bee!

Comments

Popular Posts