Warm and Toasty


Thank you, everyone, for your kind words about my first post. I'm so lucky to have such kind and supportive friends and family!

Ryan was home sick the last two days, so I tried to keep quiet and not get into too much trouble. While I was being quiet, I worked on a couple of projects for the patient.

First up is an alpaca vest, which I'm calling "Plain Vanilla." I've knit a few sweaters for Ryan in the past and always got hung up on the sleeves. He's tall, which means long arms and long sleeves. Even though I usually knit the two sleeves simultaneously, it just kills me to knit them as they are seemingly endless and boring. So, this time Ryan gets a vest. Vest = No Sleeves = Happy Melissa. The pattern is from Erika Knight's Men's Knits. The yarn is Peruvian Tweed, a gorgeous naturally colored alpaca we bought in Hood River last fall.




Next on the list are slippers. The pattern is from Kristin Spurkland's Knitting Man(ual), and the yarn is Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted. I made him some slippers for Christmas a couple of years ago. He wore holes right through the heels the first winter. Last year I simply patched the holes, but he's made new ones. This time I'm going to make thicker, sturdier slippers. I see it as kind of a challenge to knit slippers that will actually last through more than one winter. These should work up really quickly, just as soon as I get the right needles. Guess this means a trip to one of my favorite local yarn shops...

Comments

Popular Posts