Pumpkin Love


I guess the holidays are officially upon us. When do they really start, the holidays? In late September/early October, we head straight to our favorite farm to scoop up as many pumpkins as we can carry, plant mums, and unpack the sweaters - SO exciting! They mark the start of autumn, which may be my favorite time of year. My wheels start turning in regards to projects and presents. I start planning and make endless list. Oh, how I love lists...


Then there's my birthday - right smack in the middle of November. Who doesn't love their birthday? I think all of the festivity and the warm wishes of my friends and family are what get me feeling the holiday spirit in earnest. And, just as I begin to come down from the birthday high, it's time to purchase the fixin's for Thanksgiving Dinner. This year, we got nearly all the produce from the Portland Farmer's Market, most of it from this beautiful stand. It's Groundwork Organics. We're members of their CSA and we L-O-V-E them.

But still, with so much planning and celebrating already done, I wasn't quite there. Until yesterday. Yesterday started the last-minute cleaning, and last night we picked up my mother-in-law from the airport. My sister-in-law and her boyfriend will get in Wednesday night. It has started, for reals. Ryan is beyond excited, as Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday, and his family will be here with us. Also, I think he might be looking forward to the trip to wine country we have planned for Wednesday..

I hope you're all feeling the holiday spirit, too. See you after the big meal!


Oh, wait, look who had to get into the picture... that's Emerson peeking over the pumpkins!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts