Midnight Buttercup

Finally, a look at one of my most recently finished knitting projects, Midnight Buttercup. This is from Heidi Kirrmaier's Buttercup, a free pattern on Ravelry. I used the recommended yarn, Elsebeth Lavold's Hempathy, which is surprisingly soft and has quite a bit of drape.

The pattern has two neckline options. I went with option A, which is slightly lower. Don't you just love the Feather & Fan lace inset? The pattern is worked from the top down and I followed it pretty much to the letter. I was just feeling too lazy to make any modifications, though there are several lovely variations available on Ravelry.

The hem is slightly scalloped with the narrowest bit of lace. An added note, this skirt has been in my closet for years and years and years. I bought it as part of a back-to-school outfit one of my last years at University. It always makes me smile a bit and think of those days.

Comments

Popular Posts